Release Date: 7 June 2004
- For Windows NT/2000, Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX, version 3.0.
- Texpress 8.0.025 or later
- TexAPI 3.1.005 or later
- A new Shortcut facility is available that allows user to configure a grid of prompts and values to appear on the left side of a module. Double clicking on a cell adjusts the display or query tabs to show the appropriate field.
- Two new Bibliography record types have been added. Support for Web Sites and for Electronic citations (URL's) is now available. An Electronic citation may link to a Web Site.
- The Merge Query facility has been extended to allow record set to be merged (OR), intersected (AND) and subtracted (NOT).
- Support for MPEG movies has been added to the Multimedia Repository.
- The Crystal Reports version 8 viewer (as well as the version 9 viewer) is now distributed with KE EMu. The version 8 viewer allows reports to be saved in Microsoft Word format without text boxes being created.
- Clients who use a sub-classed version of sites (NMNH, NHM and NYBG) may experience problems when generating reports or performing a global replace while viewing the Lat/Long tab. The command now function correctly.
- Performing a global replace on the Longitude field of a sub-classed version of sites (NMNH, NHM and NYBG) may result in an incorrect direction being set. The correct direction is now set.
- Corrupted images stored in the Multimedia Repository may result in an error when viewed. Where possible invalid images are now ignored and a broken image icon is shown.
- Under some circumstances the thumbnail for a non-image based document (eg. Microsoft Word) may not be displayed correctly. The correct icon is now displayed.
- Turning on a checkbox on a query tab may result in other related checkboxes being turned off. The related checkboxes are now left checked
- Entering an invalid query term may result in an error message indicating a window could not receive focus. The problem has now been corrected.
- Various catalogues may receive in an error indicating a column is not found when merging records or showing all attachments. The error has been corrected.
- Date, time, latitude and longitude fields may not be displayed with the correct format when viewed in audit trails. The correct format is now displayed.
- An Events tab has been added to the Bibliography module to allow all Events that have been cited to be viewed.
The upgrade from EMu Version 3.0.04 to EMu 3.0.05 involves a number of steps.
Please follow the instructions below carefully.
You cannot skip any steps under any circumstances.
Before proceeding with the update please ensure that a complete backup of the KE EMu server exists and is restorable.
- Install Texpress 8.0.025.
- Install TexAPI 3.1.005.
- Login as emu.
- The following steps need to be repeated for each client installed on the EMu server.
Please ensure no-one is using the system while the upgrade is underway.
- Enter client client
- Enter upgrade-3-0-05
- Go back to instruction 3 to commence upgrading the next client, until all clients are complete.
- EMu Version 3.0 Release 5 is now ready for use.