Release Date: 30 January 2004
- For Windows NT/2000, Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX, version 3.0.
- Texpress 8.0.022 or later
- TexAPI 3.1.004 or later
- The Summary Data generated for the Parties module now includes the Suffix if a value is given.
- The Merge command (Edit->Merge) now requires a user to have the daReplace privilege before allowing records to be merged. The privilege is the same required for users to use the Replace command (Edit->Replace).
- When saving a group of records to an existing group, it was possible to overwrite the group even if you did not own it. A group now cannot be overwritten unless you are the owner.
- When checking whether a term exists in the thesaurus it was possible that the Thesaurus module may be invoked even if there was only one matching term. The module is no longer invoked if only one term matches.
- The Summary facility may not produce the correct summary where three or more columns are selected. The correct summary is now produced.
- When adding values to a hierarchy where the first level allows one value and the remaining levels allow multiple values, an incorrect insertion may be generated causing an error to be displayed. The values in the hierarchy are now inserted correctly.
- Using leading letters to retrieve a list of lookup list terms may result in all entries where any word started with the supplied letters being displayed. Only terms starting with the specified leading letters are now shown.
- When performing a Ditto All command (Edit->Ditto->All) in the Narratives module an error may be generated indicating column Taxaref_tab does not exist. The error has now been fixed.
- Inserting new values into a lookup list via the Lookup List module may result in the new values not appearing. The new values are now displayed correctly.
- If an user message to be displayed contains an ampersand character (&) (eg. a Mandatory setting in the registry) the KE EMu client may stop responding. The message is now displayed correctly.
- Using BCE/CE for specifying the era for a date may result in the era being set incorrectly. The correct era is now set.
- The syncmap built when the esync load is started may be incorrect if date fields were being synchronised in a nested table. The correct map is now built.
- If the esync load was shutdown while processing records, it was possible that a corrupted update statement may be generated, causing an incorrect record refresh. The load now shuts down correctly.
- The econdition background load did not allow updates to occur. Updates are triggered when the syncserver needs to refresh data in the condition audit record. Updates are now permitted.
The upgrade from EMu Version 3.0.01 to EMu 3.0.02 involves a number of steps.
Please follow the instructions below carefully.
You cannot skip any steps under any circumstances.
Before proceeding with the update please ensure that a complete backup of the KE EMu server exists and is restorable.
- Log in as emu.
- The following steps need to be repeated for each client installed on the EMu server.
Please ensure no-one is using the system while the upgrade is underway.
- Enter client client
- Enter upgrade-3-0-02
- Go back to instruction 3 to commence upgrading the next client, until all clients are complete.
- EMu Version 3.0 Release 2 is now ready for use.