Release Date: 02 December 2016
- Windows 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Texpress 9.0.001 or later
- TexAPI 6.0.012 or later
- Perl 5.8.8 or later
Download a PDF document containing these release notes and associated documents: International English or US English (Coming soon).
A new online help site replaces the Microsoft Compiled HTML Help (CHM) facility. The content has been updated for EMu 5.0 and 5.1. The online help retains important features of the CHM help such as contextual integration with the EMu client, a general search facility and support for multiple languages. New features and benefits include:
Copy List Items
Functionality has been added to support the copying of items in list dialogue boxes. This includes:
The copied item is named automatically and ownership of the copied item changes to the current user. For Report list items the report file is also copied and automatically assigned a new name. See the EMu Help for more details.
Unicode file names
Support has been added so that any Unicode character (excluding Windows reserved characters) can be used in the file names of:
New functionality has been added to the Import Tool:
The functionality of the Lookup Exact Registry entry has changed so that when Lookup Exact is set to true, values that differ only by accent (e.g. Zoe vs. Zoë) or by case (e.g. zoe vs. Zoe) are now considered as different for the purpose of testing whether the value should be added to a Lookup List. Values that differ only by punctuation (e.g. Zoe vs. Zoe?) are now considered as different, irrespective of the setting of the Lookup Exact Registry entry. See the EMu Help for more details.
- Changed the appearance and sorting of the owner in the Access list on the Security tab of a Properties box.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible that a sort, list columns etc. shared by another user would display rather than the user's sort, list columns etc. with the same name.
- Fixed an issue where sorts, list columns etc. with the same name but owned by different users would display all of those different users in the Security Access list. This resolves most associated issues where the details for all sorts, list columns etc. with the same name but different owners would change when modified.
- Prevent removing the owner of a sort, list columns, report etc. from the Access list on the Security tab of a Properties box.
- Fixed an issue where the server-side emulutsrebuild utility would not exit when performing a “quick” rebuild (the -f command line option) and the lookup database was in use.
- Fixed an issue where fields were not reloaded after selecting the Multimedia>Update Resource>Current Record menu option. This potentially resulted in extracted metadata values (via the Metadata|Extract Registry entry) not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where copying attachment field values (e.g. via the Edit>Copy menu option) from a List View resulted in data from a different record being copied to the clipboard where an empty value should have been.
- Fixed an issue where the encoding of file name added to the Multimedia module was not correctly set as UTF-8.
- Fixed an issue where punctuation was stripped from values selected from the Lookup Selection... dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where values would not appear in hierarchical Lookup Lists or the erroneous message “An invalid selection has been entered. Please use the Lookup List” would display when selecting a value from a hierarchical Lookup List in Search mode.
- Fixed an issue where the server-side sync utility could not find/update records.
- Fixed an issue where saving a search criteria (e.g. via the Tools>Groups>Save Search Criteria... menu option) resulted in an error “Invalid text value. in Column Query ...” and the group was not saved.
- Fixed an issue where using the !+ operators to search an attachment field for records without attachments returned incorrect records.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Substitution... dialogue fields displayed when adding or editing an entry in the Replace list (the Edit>Replace... menu option).
- Fixed an issue where Tab Switching did not work correctly using an escape-quoted (i.e. \”term\”) value entered via the Lookup Selection... dialogue.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Admin Tasks selection dialogue and the Admin Task Results form.
- Fixed an error “TexAPI Error: Syntax error. (Number -292) at offset 33” when searching for a single # (hash) character.
- Adjusted the output of the List ISO-8859 Admin Task to reflect the change to use the UTF-8 encoding internally in EMu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the truncation of the Sort Summary Results output and excessive memory use.
- Fixed an issue where the Taxonomy module system column ClaNameParts was not cleared when the Scientific Name: Automatic? was changed from Yes to No. This resulted in erroneous values in other system generated field values that used the ClaNameParts column.
- Fixed an issue where Multimedia module image resolutions were generated using the same format (e.g. JPEG, TIF, PNG etc.) of the master image rather than the requested format.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Revalue, Recondition, Re-identify and Relocate tools and all so-called “list item” forms (e.g. Groups, Reports).
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Set Default Value... dialogue.
- Fixed an error “Can’t find Unicode property definition “punct”...” generated by internal server-side utility utfconvert.
- Fixed an error “TexAPI Error: (Number 0)” when running a report with a path on the server that was over 1024 bytes in length.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Value field of the Registry module.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Select User/Group... dialogue when adding to the Security list on the Security tab.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Narrower Terms field on the Hierarchy tab of the Thesaurus module.
- Fixed Unicode character display on the Tools>Language menu and the Language Setting fields on the Language tab of the Options form.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Select dialogue when using the special thesaurus search operator
- Fixed Unicode character display on the Spell Check... dialogue.
- Fixed Unicode character display on the Hierarchy tab of the Collection Descriptions, Events and Taxonomy modules.
- Fixed an issue where multimedia did not display in Reports.
- Fixed Unicode character display on the Parts tab of the Catalogue module.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Catalogue module Archive View display and the Archives tab.
- Fixed Unicode character display on the XMP tab of the Multimedia module.
- Fixed an issue where the Thesaurus module Browse View would not display or load correctly when the Thesaurus module was cached.
- Fixed an Access violation error when clearing a group box with a hidden inherited control.
- Fixed an error “Class TlistView not found” when the View>Shortcut Settings>Choose Shortcuts menu option was selected from any module.
- Fixed incorrect output when the Use first image only option was selected on the Multimedia tab of the Report Properties of a Crystal report.
- Fixed Unicode character display in the Audit module.
- Fixed an issue where the valid term indicator (a green tick) did not display in the Thesaurus module Browse View for valid terms.
- Fixed an issue where task notifications were generated for already completed tasks.
- Fixed an error “TexAPI Error: (Number 0)” that sometimes occurred after running a report.
- Fixed an error that caused the server-side utility gettypestatus to fail.
- Fixed an issue that caused the server-side utilities lutsdump and lutserver to run incorrectly when using Perl version 5.8.
- Fixed an issue with the Import where searches for existing attachment records would not find an existing record if the column value to search for contained punctuation characters.
- Fixed an issue where the selection of a value in the Lookup Selection... box would change to a previous value in the list where both values differed only by case.
- Fixed an issue where multimedia would not display when running a Crystal report from the Multimedia module and the Multimedia report option Use first image only or Use first multimedia only was set.
- Fixed an issue that caused the server-side utility reloaddata to fail.
- Fixed an issue where searches using the Statistics module Key columns would run slowly or would not return results at all.
- Fixed Unicode character output when writing audit archive files, server-side utility lutserver data files and writing to the server-side fifo utility.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in incorrect search results when running phrase queries.
- Fixed an issue where changes to the location of Locations module Holder records were not reflected in the corresponding Catalogue module record.
- Fixed an issue where the server-side utility syncserver would fail with the error “Server error: Wrong type of data in ItemLocal.”
- Fixed an issue where temporary files used by the server-side reportsmedia utility (e.g. reportsmedia23061) would not be removed when the utility finished running.
- Fixed an issue where the server-side emunotify utility did not send notifications for scheduled or uncompleted tasks.
- Fixed an issue where the automatic generation of the Scientific Name field in the Taxonomy module was incorrectly placing the Author names for Autonymns.
- Fixed an issue where the server-side emuexport utility would output warning messages like “Argument “” isn’t numeric in numeric eq (==)...”
- Fixed an issue where EMu would shut down after selecting the version URL link on the Login dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where the server-side syncserver utility would shut down when attempting to sync a record that was being edited.
- Fixed an issue when copying reports where the report file was not also copied.
- Fixed obscured Properties button on the Replace list view.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Show Column Names or Show Prompts button on the Replace list view would not immediately toggle between the display of Column and Prompt names.
- Fixed an issue in the EMu 5.0 upgrade process where special characters were not automatically escaped in some Security Registry entries.
- Corrected text wrapping on the Content (AllISADG2Tab) tab System of Arrangement (AllISADGSystemofArrangementsRbx) field.
- Fixed an issue where newline separated values extracted from multimedia metadata to a tabular column using the Multimedia | Metadata | Extract Registry entry would all be placed into the first row of the column instead of each separated value being placed into a separate row.
- Fixed an issue in multi-language environments where searching for multiple phrases separated by the language delimiter would generate incorrect results.
- Fixed an issue where reference fields from the Exhibition Object module to the Events module were not populated in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where an “Invalid text value” error was generated when saving Narrative text edited in an external editor.
- Added missing Lookup List to the Record Status field on the Statistics module Security tab.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate entries would display in the Select User/Group... dialogue when adding to the Security list on the Security tab.
- Fixed an issue where multimedia could still be viewed using the View>Thumbnails menu option even if the user did not have display permission for the Multimedia column.
- Fixed “List index out of bounds (0)” error when using the special thesaurus search operator #- without a following term.
- Fixed an issue where the Multimedia media controls (e.g. Play) were not enabled for audio files.
See Upgrade 5.0 to 5.1 for details.